Category: Assorted Curries
Description: A mix of vegetables in a mildly flavored gravy.
Preparation Time: 25 mins
- Mixed vegetables – 2 cups(Cabbage,cauliflower,potato,beans,carrot,chayote sqaush(chow chow),peas and tomato)
- Grated coconut – 5 tablespoons
- Tamarind – a marble size ball
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves – 3
- Salt – to taste
- Uradh dhal – 2 tablespoons
- Methi seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander seeds – a pinch
- Red chillies – 4
- Fry the above in 1/2 tablespoon of oil, allow it to cool and grind to a smooth paste with the coconut and tamarind.
1.In the mix of vegetables cabbage should be a little more in proportion to the other vegetables.
2.Boil the vegetables in a small quantity of water with little salt and turmeric powder.
3.When the vegetables are about half done add the ground paste and sugar and allow it to simmer for some time.
4.Taste for salt and remove from the fire. 5.Heat the rest of the coconut oil and season with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
6.It is best enjoyed with puris and rice.