Category: Magic with Multipurpose Powder
Description: This is a tasty chutney which can be eaten as a sandwich spread or as
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Onion – 4 big(grated)
Thick tamarind juice – 2 tablespoons
Sambhar powder – 1 tablespoon
Multipurpose powder – 3 tablespoons
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Salt – To taste
Green chillies – 1(finely cut)
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida – ½ teaspoon
Sesame seed oil – 4 tablespoons
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Heat 2 tablespoons of gingelly oil in a pan and add asafoetida powder and the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds crackle add all the dhal and when it turns golden brown add the finely cut green chilli and the onion.
- Saute on a slow flame till the onion is transparent and then add the tamarind juice, salt and turmeric powder.
- After 2-3 minutes add the multipurpose powder, sambar powder and the remaining oil and mix nicely.
- Leave it on a slow flame stirring off and on till the whole mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
Removeand serve either hot or cold with idli or dosa.