Description:This is a tasty chutney which can be eaten as a sandwich spread or as a accompaniment to idli and dosa
Preparation Time: 15 mins
2 ripe tomatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
4 tablespoons fresh grated coconut
2 tablespoons thick tamarind juice
2 tablespoons sambar powder (or Curry Powder)
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon methi-
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoon cooking oil
Salt to taste
- Blend the tomatoes & coconut to a smooth puree.
- Heat the oil in a pan and season with mustard seeds and when it splutters add the puree and the tamarind juice and let
it simmertill the raw smell of tomato goes away.
- Add the Sambar Powder, Chilli powder, methi-
hingpowder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix thoroughly and allow it to simmer for a few minutes and remove from the fire.
- Cool and store it in a container and refrigerate it. This can be enjoyed for up to a week.